Eat 5 portions of Fruit and Vegetables Every Day

We know that fruits and vegetables is good for our bodies because fruits and vegetables contain more fiber is needed in the process of metabolism. I was so healthy fruit and vegetable consumption to the point that we are encouraged to consume fruit and vegetable menu as much as 5 servings a day: as much as 2 servings of fruit and 3 servings of vegetables. Eating fruits and vegetables to 5 servings a day is a natural healthy diet.

Eating fruits and vegetables every day is a new thing for me. The reason I and probably many other reasons, is because I do not like vegetables especially fruit. Even if there are pieces that I like, are usually quite expensive. Vegetables? During the dinner table there is meat or fish, vegetables will not touch me. That was my first.

The desire to slim down (after 3 pregnancies in 4 years that I raise the weight to 15 kg) made me look at the fruit and vegetables. September 2008 is the 6th month I run a healthy diet and vegetables are the main ingredient in my diet. At first, I could not enjoy the vegetables I eat. Day by day, week and months turned into weeks turned into months, I do not know since when exactly, I started to like the taste of vegetables. Now I can enjoy a wide variety of vegetables for lunch or dinner, and I no longer feel compelled to spend a vegetable plate without rice. So it is with fruit, a platter of fresh fruit I used to enjoy as a snack replacement. In fact now it seems strange that a day does not consume the fruit. So my experience in running a healthy diet which so far has managed to reduce my weight as much as 9 kg for 6 months.

My favorite pieces that I accompany a healthy diet are apples, watermelon, and pineapple. While my favorite vegetables in a healthy diet are cabbage, broccoli, and bean sprouts. By eating five servings of fruits and vegetables in a healthy diet, I do not feel hungry and miserable. My weight went down slowly but surely.

Benefits of Eating Fruits and Vegetables 5 portions.

Protected from various diseases, such as cardiovascular disease, cancer, diabetes and digestive disorders. 

Surveys in the United states that the risk of cardiovascular disease can be reduced if you consume more than 3 servings of fruits and vegetables. World Cancer Research also estimates the risk of all cancers can be reduced up to 20% by eating up to five or more servings of fruits and vegetables. The study also showed a high fiber diet helps us to avoid diabetes and colon cancer. Further said that this type of cancer is very rare in countries with traditional diet consisting primarily of Cereal foods, fruits and vegetables.

Overweight away by itself.

This is because fruits and vegetables have a relatively low calorie content. Fruits and vegetables are fat-free foods, even if the fat is fat is good for our health. By eating more vegetables and fruits every day there is a decrease in calorie intake makes the body burn fat calories in our bodies when we spend more calories of food intake.

Weight control.

High fiber content of 5 servings of fruits and vegetables cause us to feel full, so we do not eat high-calorie snacks and our weight was controlled.

Smooth bowel movement every day.

The high fiber vegetables in five servings of fruits and vegetables cause metabolic processes to work smoothly. Defecation process was easy. Dirt that came out not too hard and our bodies healthy. We avoid hemorrhoids, or for those who have had problems with hemorrhoids, can avoid more severe conditions (swell or bleed).

The body becomes more fresh and energetic.

The amount of vitamins and minerals in fruits and vegetables make the body. we are fresh and energetic so we were spared from viral infection such as influenza or other bacterial attack. We also know that the fruit is necessary for the recovery or convalescence after illness. Therefore, it has become a custom to bring the fruits when we visit relatives or friends who are sick.


How healthy your diet? Did you eat 5 servings of fruits and vegetables a day? Do you have a refrigerator containing vegetables and fruits as a snack when you're hungry? Is your favorite fruits and vegetables are your favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment